Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Waiting for Daddy

Ava loves her Daddy. Ever since she was really little, Ava has loved to watch out the window for Daddy to come home. She squeals with joy as she sees his car turn onto our street. She is ready to race out the door to him as soon as I open it for her. Those times have been so sweet for all of us. This picture is one of my all-time favorites as I captured that moment of anticipation.

We've been on a trip the last 9 days so she has gotten tons of time with him and savored every minute.

Today brought on Daddy Detox. :( She was really upset when he left for work and couldn't understand why he couldn't just stay home to play with her. Pretty precious and makes Chad feel good, but I'm the one left with the meltdown after he closes the door!

Ava took a really long nap today so when she woke up at 4:45 pm asking for Daddy, I told her that she only had to wait 15 minutes for him to get home. She immediately said she wanted to go look out the window to watch for him to arrive. 15 minutes at the window in toddler time is like an eternity so I suggested that we do a few things and then go to the window with only 5 minutes to wait. Nope. Not having it. She was adamant that we watch for him NOW. Nothing else was going to come between her seeing him arrive home.

We sat outside on the front step and had this conversation:

Ava: Where is my Daddy?
Me: He is at work, but will be home soon. We have to wait for him.
Ava: Why do we have to wait?
Me: Because it isn't time yet, but it he'll be here soon. We'll be so excited when we see him come.
Ava: I'm so excited to wait for Daddy (As she is literally bouncing around with excitement).

As we waited, God whispered to my heart. Are you waiting and watching with excitement for Me to come? Does your life demonstrate that you love me, are incredibly excited for my return and that living to glorify Me as you wait is your purpose and mission?

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we WAIT for the blessed hope - the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ . . ." Titus 2:11-13

I love when God uses my kiddos to speak right to my heart. I'm praying that my life will be lived with great anticipation of Christ's return!

A current picture of my little girl and her Daddy!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog, Cole. I'm so excited for your family and I love how you are fully surrendering to the Lord and letting Him use this experience to invade every part of your heart and life. I'm so encouraged by your heart and your transparency through this process. Love you lots! :)

    ReplyDelete