Thursday, June 23, 2011

Where is my confidence?

I have felt such peace this week, even in the middle of spiritual attacks and opposition. We are realizing what a battle adoption is. The foundation of adoption is the Gospel, so naturally Satan is opposed to it. Not just to adoption itself, but to followers of Christ who obey His call and pursue adoption. It has been coming on strong, but praise God that He provides what we need to stand firm when the attacks come!

Yesterday morning as I spent time praying, my mind began to return to worrying. I was preparing to study Jeremiah and as I flipped to it God brought me to chapter 17:5, 7-8.

Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the Lord . . .

But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.

Thank you Jesus that I can put my full confidence in You! I don't have to worry when attacks come. I don't have to look for provision anywhere but in You. I can trust that you will cause me to bear fruit. You are ALL I need!

No comments:

Post a Comment