Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Big #2 for Grayson

 How is it possible that my baby boy is 2 years old today?  

Unfortunately, it seems we have a trend when it comes to Grayson's birthday . . . ear infections.  Bleh.  I wrote his birthday post last year with a ton of pictures because Grayson was sick and I didn't have time to write all about his first year.  {Check it out if you have a minute . . . he was so stinkin' cute as a baby!}

So once again, you're getting a post with an obscene amount of pictures because that is about all I can manage.  The Gilberts have been sick for 6 weeks, the latest is Ava with an ear infection and Grayson most likely with one . . . yesterday the poor kid was coughing all day, didn't nap (shoot me), and spent all of dinner crying with his finger stuck in his ear.  Looks like I'll be begging for antibiotics today. :(

Grayson was such a cute and amazingly chill baby.  As a toddler, he is just a flat out hilarious and even more adorable than I thought possible.  We've had such a great year as we've seen his personality develop and come out {in full force}.  He keeps us laughing, can be so tender and sweet, and is 100% ALL BOY.  {I'll confess that I've had my moments of wondering if I'll be able to handle two of them once Easton is home because Grayson is so curious, rambunctious, and W.I.L.D.}  

It has been really interesting to watch his relationship with Ava change this year . . . particularly because he has caught up to her in size!  He was pushed around by that big sister for a long time, but no more.  We've finally broken him from tackling her when he is angry, but she better watch her back!  Even so, they can also be so sweet and thoughtful to each other . . . most notably shown when Grayson offers Ava his blanket if she gets hurt and says, "A-ha. Ouch."  That is some love right there. :)

This year I asked God to give me a Psalm to pray for each of my kids.  Last week I found Grayson's . . . Psalm 138.  

"I give you thanks, O LORD, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;
I bow down toward your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness,
for you have exalted above all things your name and your word."
Psalm 138:1-2

I pray that my boy {my perfect combo of wild, sweet, and funny}would worship God with his whole heart, would give God all the thanks and glory He is due, and would live a life of reckless abandon to exalting the name of Jesus Christ and the Word of God!

And without further ado, pictures of my cute boy this year . . .

He started off his first year letting me know that he wants to do EV.ER.Y.THING. by himself.  And so I've spent the last year cleaning up more food off his face, his clothes, and our floor than I could even imagine!


He loves books just about as much as he loves to make a mess!


One of my favorites. ever.


My boy loves to "help" and can apparently multitask well. :)


Oh my heart.  My precious little Linus.
{and contrary to his first year, the fabric absolutely matters . . . waffle blankets only!}


No fear.  Grayson has absolutely no fear, especially in the water.  He love swimming and will just walk off the edge or run in the pool and evidently is assured that someone will be there to catch him.  Keeps me on my toes!


I'm afraid this kid has many years of being dressed up in front of him!


Such a Daddy's boy and so snuggly.


First real haircut.  The sucker bought us a few minutes . . . until it was covered in hair!


Who knew how much fun a rubbermaid could be?  Grayson doesn't need fancy toys, but his favorites right now are trains, trucks, and tractors.  


My boy LOVES animals {mainly dogs}, but he is even brave with a gator!


Loved this one with his Daddy.


But the little punk couldn't sit still one minute for a pic with his Mama.  Grrrrr.


A rare family photo with me actually in it before we took the kids on their first streetcar ride.


No more facing backwards!


Lili got Grayson this Scooby Do hat and there were a few weeks where it was always on his head . . . but always backwards!


Love my boy!


Grayson is all about riding Ava's bike.  And unfortunately wearing her princess helmet.  Pretty sure he'll be getting one of his own for Christmas!


Dragon? Lizard? Dinosaur?  He could have cared less as long as I took that hood off of him!


I'm thankful to have a little man who wants to be just like his Daddy . . . he couldn't have a better one!

And notice his "big boy" haircut!
I freaked out at first because it changed his look so much, but now I love it!


I'm kinda done with birthday parties, but my kids certainly aren't suffering.  We've been celebrating Grayson's birthday since Thanksgiving and he's loved every bite!  


Priceless = Grayson's reaction to the three of us busting in his room singing "Happy Birthday."  He's been walking around all day saying "happy, happy, happy!"


Grayson was really excited to open his prize!


Bahahahahaha!  This face says, "You have no idea the power you've just placed in my hands.  I'm gonna rock out!"


Cutest rock star I know!


We quickly moved into a family jam session . . . with a huge box as a stage?!


Congrats . . . you've made it through Grayson overload!  Thanks for celebrating with us!

Which pic was your favorite?
What is your favorite memory of my little man?

No comments:

Post a Comment